The Mauritian Wildlife Foundation Partnership
Roast the worlds best coffee in a way that's best for our island
The Mauritian Wildlife Foundation is the only non-governmental organization (NGO) in Mauritius to be exclusively concerned with the conservation of the endangered endemic plants and animals of Mauritius.
MWF relies on funds received from individual and private donors.
We want to help, support the conservation & preservation of our nation's endemic species.
OUR BRAND IS NAMED AFTER OUR LOVE FOR COFFEE AND NATURE.
THE DODO IS AN EXTINCT FLIGHTLESS BIRD THAT WAS ENDEMIC TO THE ISLAND OF MAURITIUS, EAST OF MADAGASCAR IN THE INDIAN OCEAN. IT IS OUR ISLAND EMBLEM AND IS ALSO FREQUENTLY CITED AS ONE OF THE MOST WELL-KNOWN EXAMPLES OF HUMAN-INDUCED EXTINCTION AND ALSO SERVES AS A SYMBOL OF OBSOLESCENCE WITH RESPECT TO HUMAN TECHNOLOGICAL PROGRESS.
- To save threatened Mauritian species through the restoration of entire ecosystems.
- To seek new information through field research, data management, captive studies and scientific collaboration for direct application to restoration methods and management.
- To share knowledge gained through restoration programmes with fellow Mauritian and international conservationists.
- To share the joys and benefits of native wilderness and wildlife with the Mauritian people.
- To secure the future of Mauritian species through income generation and sound management of human, fiscal and capital resources.
The work carried out in Mauritius is one of the world's most successful conservation stories. This is due to MWF's restoration work started in the 1970s, which has succeeded in rescuing the Mauritius Kestrel, Echo Parakeet and Pink Pigeon, from the brink of extinction. We also develop protocols for the rescue of native plant species and we work in Rodrigues restoring the flora and fauna, replanting the native forest. MWF has been actively involved with island restoration in particular on Ile aux Aigrettes and Round Island, both of which contain highly threatened biodiversity of global importance. These conservation efforts will benefit future generations of Mauritians. MWF promotes local capacity building and provides local employment through its activities. MWF continues to flourish as a strong, vibrant and innovative organization.